Friday, May 12, 2017

Tarte au Pomme

Hello my Hy-Vee friends!

I want to wish a sincere Happy Mother's day to all the moms out there. Today, I dedicate this blog to my mom, Marie Francoise. With my mom being 100% French, you could say I grew up in an interesting household. We never ate what “normal” kids ate. Things like mac and cheese, pudding and meat loaf were nonexistent. Since my mom was the cook, we had French food all the time. Period. At the time I was jealous of my friends who would eat things like frozen pizzas and pop tarts but now I realize how lucky I was. One of my mom's favorite things she used to make was a simple but elegant apple tart. So, in honor of Mother's Day I want to share her recipe with you!


Tarte au Pomme

All you need:
1 whole sheet puffed pastry, thawed and cut in half
4 whole granny smith apples, cored, halved and sliced thin
Sugar
1 cup apricot preserves

All you do:
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place puffed pastry rectangles onto a baking pan that has been lined with parchment paper. Arrange apple slices on the pastry rectangles in a straight line, overlapping as you go.  
3. Sprinkle with sugar evenly over the apples. 
4. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden brown.
5. Meanwhile melt the apricot preserves. When preserves are melted, brush evenly over entire tart.
6. Enjoy!

Happy Mother's Day and as always, Praise the Lard!

-Chef Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment