Thursday, February 23, 2017

Mardi Gras Pasta Salad

Hello my Hy-Vee friends!

Mardi Gras is just around the corner and as much as I love sharing recipes for all food Cajun and Creole, today’s idea is a bit more "colorful." The colors of Mardi Gras are purple, green and gold. While I won’t bore you with what the colors mean, I did want to represent them in a dish. After some thought, I created a pasta salad that simply screams Mardi Gras. 


All you need is 3 one pound boxes of your favorite pasta and a box of food coloring. In one pot add the bottle of yellow, in the second pot add the bottle of green and in the third add ¾ bottle of blue and the entire bottle of red food coloring. Boil each pound of pasta separately in each pot of water. Drain and combine. At that point add what you want! I mixed in a red wine vinaigrette with olives, salami, ham, and provolone. Delicious and festive!

Let the good times roll and as always, Praise the Lard!

-Chef Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment