Thursday, July 28, 2016

Watermelon Soup

Hello my Hy-Vee friends!

It’s hot. Darn hot. Too hot. I know it’s a common theme for me but let’s be honest guys, when the temperature is hovering at 100 degrees, I don’t want to cook. You don’t want to cook.

I want something refreshing, tasty, and easy to make. That is where watermelon soup comes in. You don’t need a recipe but of course I have one below just in case.


Chilled Watermelon Soup:
Serves 8.

6 pounds yellow or red seedless watermelon, diced (9 cups)
2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 cup lightly sweetened white wine (such as Riesling or White Zinfandel) or ¾ cup water mixed with ¼ cup sugar
8 teaspoons crumbled feta

Throw the watermelon into a blender with some mint, a touch of sugar, a little lemon juice, some sweet white wine, and puree it together. Delicious, cool, and refreshing!

Enjoy and as always, praise the Lard!

-Chef Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment