Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe

Hello my Hy-Vee friends!

It is a rarity for me to cook at home and when I do, you can guarantee it will be easy to make but very, very tasty.  FYI, if a chef ever tells you that he or she loves to cook at home, that person is probably a liar!

Anyways, last night I was hungry (big shocker there!) and after a quick look in my fridge I came up with a dish that I want to share with you. I had some white rice from leftover Chinese food, bacon (I always have bacon), and kimchi, a wonderfully pungent and spicy Korean “pickle” that again, I always have in my fridge. I cooked off the bacon, fried the rice in the bacon fat, mixed in the kimchi with a splash of soy sauce and dinner was done! Smoky, salty, and spicy goodness all in one dish.


Bacon Kimchi Fried Rice Recipe
Serves 2.

8 slices of bacon (cut into small dices, cook, and reserve 2 tablespoons bacon fat)
4 cups old cooked rice (cold)
3/4 cup kimchi, roughly chopped (available at Hy-Vee. Ask the produce guy)
1 tablespoon soy sauce (Kikkoman or San J please)

Heat the bacon fat in a wok or frying pan. Add the rice and fry until heated through. Add the kimchi reserved bacon and soy sauce. Feel free to add eggs, peas, chicken, or whatever else you have in your fridge.

Have a wonderful week guys.

Praise the lard!

-Chef Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment